Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Trip to Des Moines - Day 2


Well today is day 2 of my trip to Iowa. This morning was very interesting. I woke up and turned on the news to find out that a lot of schools and such had been closed due to bad weather conditions. I went out to my car to go to the office here, and my car was completely encased in ice! It was crazy. I have never seen weather like that before. Below are two pictures from the inside of my car before I cleared off my windows. It took a while to get the ice off, and I broke one of the ice scrapers before I was able to clean it all. Luckily I had another one in my car, and that one didn't break. The day of work was ok, I didn't some system training with the folks out here, and the day went by pretty quickly. After work, I drove around the area to find some dinner. I went to the mall nearby, to find it deserted, and shut down as the weather was crappy. I drove around a bit more, and ended up going to Chili's. I then stopped by the grocery store to pic some stuff up, and then headed back to the hotel. And that was my very exciting day. :)




No comments: