Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving and Stuff

I forgot to blog about Thanksgiving. So here it is. It was fun. 
Thanksgiving morning I was supposed to show up at my friends ward to play basketball, but I totally slept in, and was bummed, because I was looking forward to playing. Amy went to work in the morning, and I slept and watched TV until about 10:30 or something like that. I can't remember. It sufficeth me to say that it was late, and I was lazy. Amy came home around 11:30 and we got ready, and headed over to my uncle's Ward where are party was gonna be. I came prepared with my laptop, camera, and of course basketball. We were the first ones there besides my uncle, so I spent the time shooting hoops. My dad came and played some HORSE with me. I, being the superbly amazing shooter (sike), kicked his butt. :) Ha! I think I must have played about 10 games of HORSE throughout the course of the day, only  losing once to Sam. Once everybody arrived and had their food ready, we ate...about 3pm. The food was excellent, and I was full, quickly. Towards the end of dinner, my uncle put on a DVD of old home movies of when my dad was a kid. It was pretty neat to see. I didn't watch all of it, but what I watched was really cool. After watching that and playing some more HORSE, I retired to the Relief Society room, which was quickly converted into the Geek Lair. We had about 10 computers setup, and had a LAN party. We played Halo for a few hours. It was great fun....and that was Thanksgiving! 

This past Sunday was Scott's Mission Farewell. He is going to the St. Louis, Missouri Mission in 2 weeks. He gave a great talk, and did an excellent job. I was really proud of him, and still am, for the great choices he is making. He will make an excellent missionary!



No comments: