Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Save money...Lose weight....Get Fit!

So, I made a new purchase. I just bought a Specialized Crosstrail Sport bicycle. It's pretty rad. Why you ask? Well, it's because 1) I'm fat, and could use the excercize, 2) Gas is to freakin' expensive, and it will save me money, and 3) Because I hope to get fit.

Today was the first day that I rode to work. My butt hurts so bad! I take the Jordan River Parkway all the way to work, it's a nice ride! I was telling people at work that the ride is about 7-8 miles. Well I was mistaken. According to www.mapmyride.com my ride to work is 10.89 miles! That makes my commute about 21 miles a day! Thats over 100 miles a week! It made me happy that I was able to bike that far, that's for sure. I hope I can keep it up. I'm burning about 2000 calories a day from the rides. That adds up over time. Here's a piture of my route:


I hope to keep blogging about my progress. A friend a work has a brother doing the same thing, and has lost 50lbs. That's some motivation for me. Now, I just hope my butt gets used to the ride. LOL!!!

No comments: